Conference mobile apps are very popular and can be useful in many ways. With so many options, we do not have a single preferred app; rather, we like to speak with our clients in order to gather event details before making a recommendation. One size does not fit all. There are several considerations to determine which mobile app is best for you…or whether you need an app at all.
Here are a few questions to consider when selecting a mobile app:
- What is/are your main goal(s) in implementing a mobile app? To provide a networking platform for attendees? To go paperless? To provide basic, up-to-date conference information? To fully integrate all the moving parts of your conference?
- What is your budget? The cost and capabilities of a mobile app can vary significantly.
- Will your attendees use a mobile app? We find that certain demographics, in certain industries, are more likely to use a mobile app.
- Do you have many speakers, exhibitors, and/or sessions/tracks?
- Do you plan to use the same app for multiple events and/or across multiple years?
- Is there a challenge that you are trying to overcome with the mobile app? Have your attendees asked for anything specific? How do you currently handle this challenge?
- Do you have the resources (either internal staff or third party support) to set-up, maintain, and support the mobile app? Some mobile apps work well, but offer limited support. One often overlooked resource is the person/team onsite that will be updating the app as necessary and helping users with troubleshooting.
CMP has been planning exceptional meetings worldwide since 1996!
Need help choosing a conference App for your next event? CMP can help evaluate your needs, select the best app and set-up, maintain and support the mobile app you choose. For more information, contact us at email@example.com or 703-536-4993.